Brian Harriman, CEO of NB Liquor and Cannabis NB, has announced his resignation as of April 5, 2019. Harriman, who has been in the role since 2014 when he moved back to the East Coast, will head to Calgary to become COO of privately held cannabis producer Sundial Growers.
YYT announces CEO retirement
The St. John’s International Airport Authority announced the retirement of President and CEO Keith Collins on Wednesday, February 20. Collins, who has led the organization through substantial growth over the past few years with a complete revamp of the departures area and the installation of the Category 3 Instrument Landing System, joined the SJIAA in 2005 as President and CEO and will finish his term at the end of June 2019.
McInnes Cooper leadership turnover
Hugh Wright, CEO of McInnes Cooper, has departed his role as CEO and managing partner six months ahead of his three year anniversary in the role, which he assumed Sept. 1, 2016. St. John’s Kevin Kiley steps in as acting managing partner in the interim. Wright plans to stay on as a full-time lawyer at the firm.
P.E.I. makes commitment to Invesco
Premier Wade MacLauchlan was at Invesco last week to announce a 7.5 per cent labour rebate on full-time salaries once the Charlottetown-based investment management firm hits 400 local hires by the end of the year. The company, which started up in Charlottetown in 2007 with 12 employees says it hopes to reach 600 employees over the next four years with $3.1 million in labour rebates from the province.
Bridgewater Mall gets a makeover
Nova Scotia’s southern shore shopping area is getting a facelift. The shopping centre’s Eastside Plaza and Bridgewater Mall will now be known as the South Shore Centre and along with the new name and branding comes extensive renovations to three lounge areas throughout the shopping centre.
- Atlantic Business Magazine founders inducted into AJAs Hall of Fame
- P.E.I. welcomes five business leaders into hall of fame
- UNB to offer cannabis courses in tourism and business
- St. John’s flocks to The Rec Room entertainment and dining complex
- Halifax doughnut shop opens up the street from competition
- BC-based Cermaq announces plans to build salmon farms in NS
- Minimum wage increases across Atlantic Canada
- First Angel Network to close at month’s end
- Cooke Inc. acquires Nicaraguan shrimp producer
- Scale Up Atlantic Canada announces first cohort