Atlantic Container Line, the New Jersey based shipping company, has announced the closure of their office in Halifax at the end of 2018. As one of the only global shipping companies headquartered in Halifax and almost 50-year old tenancy at the port, the company says it can’t continue office operations. The twice weekly calls to Halifax will not be affected meaning six people stay on staff but 15 will not.
National insurance company purchases New Brunswick firm
The nationwide insurance management agency, Totten Insurance Group, has acquired Saint John-based Anderson McTague & Associates Ltd. The Atlantic Canadian company have worked as independent insurance brokers since 1937 and President Chuck McTague will join Totten and report to Dei Cont.
Newfoundland IT companies consolidate into Vision33
St. John’s-based zedIT Solutions has announced they will be consolidating their three businesses which will be known as Vision33. President Tony Whalen has been running the three companies — zedIT solutions which handled eGovernment solutions, zedSuite’s software solutions and the current company Vision33 — for 15 years with 30 offices and 400 employees around the world and will now run them all under the latter company’s branding.
Cat cafe to open in Fredericton
New Brunswick’s first cat cafe is set to open later this month in Fredericton. The Puurfect Cup – A Cat Cafe is working in partnership with the local SPCA to provide a temporary home to adoptable cats so patrons can enjoy a good cup of coffee and a cuddle with a kitty when the cafe opens on October 20.
Grant Thornton acquires Charlottetown accounting firm
MacPherson Roche Smith, a Charlottetown-based accounting firm, has been purchased by Grant Thornton LLP. The public accounting and consulting firm, which has been operating for more than 40 years, will see their 25 employees join the Grant Thornton team as part of the sale.
- Online babywearing shop opens brick-and-mortar store in Moncton
- Peace by Chocolate recognized by Google
- Open and Shut September 2018
- Uber coming to New Brunswick?
- Atlantic Canada’s Entrepreneurs Head to G20 Summit in Buenos Aires
- Illuminated! NS Power helps New Dawn Centre with new makerspace
- The Best Restaurants in St. John’s for a Business Lunch
- Donut miss this new shop in Saint John
- NSLC fills first cannabis order of 3.75 million grams
- Chopped: Chinese retail giants flourish while big banks close branches