The latest addition to the craft beer scene in Newfoundland opened its doors December 6 at 181 Commonwealth Avenue in Mount Pearl. Along with their retail shops where imbibers can fill up growlers of beer, the taproom has a selection of rotating taps of Landwash’s own brews along with other local favourites and kombucha from The St. John’s Fermentary.
UNB adds sales stream to MBA program
The University of New Brunswick Saint John now offers a sales stream in their MBA program. The 12-month MBA course in Business Development and Professional Sales is the first of its kind in an English-speaking Canadian University.
Hundreds out of work as Sydney call centre closes
ServiCom, the Sydney Nova Scotia call centre, declared bankruptcy on Thursday, December 6 and closed its doors immediately. More than 600 employees are out of the job with many left unpaid for the past five weeks of work at the call centre which operated in the area for more than 19 years.
Newfoundland smart thermostat company turns up the heat
The Newfoundland-based tech company Mysa Smart Thermostats is about to turn up the heat after receiving another $2-million investment from its original investors Pelorus Ventures and Killick Capital. The infusion of cash will assist in the development of new products as well as cement the flagship device — a smart thermostat that helps electric heaters run more efficiently and economically.
Summerside store ending the game
Game On! Gaming store in Summerside, P.E.I. has announced its impending closure. At the end of the month the game store, which supplied gamers with Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons, as well as a place to play them, will close so owner Josh Pyle-Carter can focus on his second Halifax location, Deck Box.
- Atlantic Canada’s first vegan butcher shop opens in Halifax
- Rodd announces revamp of N.S. hotel
- Cannabis Legalization selected as business story of the year
- Training Works Inc. and Fonemed win double honours with St. John’s BOT
- WestJet reassigns St. John’s to Dublin flight to Halifax
- New taco spot opens in Halifax pub
- SALT goes brick-and-mortar for the holidays
- Gaga for Google! 500 attend digital skills workshop in St. John’s
- Two new projects for Michelin in Pictou County
- Cannabis Update: Who sold first and who sold out in Atlantic Canada