NSLC makes their first cannabis order
The Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation has made their first order of cannabis in preparation for the October 17 legalization date. The 3.75-million-gram order consists of 78 different strains of cannabis, 282 cannabis products and 21 different accessories to be sold on store shelves. The order will be filled by 14 different vendors from across the country.
Nova Scotia and Morocco make petroleum exploration deal
Two groups from two continents have just signed a deal to further petroleum research. Last week, the Offshore Energy Research Association of Nova Scotia and Morocco’s Office National des Hydrocarbures et des Mine signed a memorandum detailing the understanding for research for offshore petroleum and are dedicated to completing a study to compare the seismic data of both territories.
Piatto Pizzeria makes mainland move
A St. John’s-based pizzeria is opening shop in Ontario. Piatto Pizzeria + Enoteca, which opened in 2010 in downtown St. John’s before spreading the dough to Halifax, Moncton, Cavendish and Charlottetown, has announced they will soon open a location in Cambridge, Ontario. The popular eatery, which is VPN certified, has also made the move into fast casual with their Piatto Pronto location in Charlottetown offering make your own pizza options.
Sequence Bio launches N.B. Genome Project
St. John’s-based Sequence Bio has announced the new NB Genome Project Pilot in collaboration with three Moncton doctors. This the first large-scale genomic research for the company, which focuses on the use of genomic data to improve drug research and will help with the identification of diseases and the drugs to treat them.
Company offers new tour to Indigenous community in P.E.I.
Target Tours Atlantic has announced a new tour that will explore the history of the Indigenous peoples in Scotchforth. The drive-guided tour given by Scotchforth Knowledge Keepers will depart from Charlottetown and involve an elder welcome, smudging ceremony and a taste of bannock and local jam as well as learning about the Seven Sacred Teachings. Tours are set to start August 30.
- Atlantic Canada’s Entrepreneurs Head to G20 Summit in Buenos Aires
- Illuminated! NS Power helps New Dawn Centre with new makerspace
- The Best Restaurants in St. John’s for a Business Lunch
- Donut miss this new shop in Saint John
- Chopped: Chinese retail giants flourish while big banks close branches
- Restaurant Swap: New(ish) eatery coming to St. John’s
- Tanking the ranking: Atlantic Canadian cities bomb MoneySense Best Places to Live
- Recipe for success
- Zoning in: New foreign trade areas, law firm incubators and breweries
- Starting up: New farmers’ market in St. John’s and startup conferences