Rodd Hotels & Resorts has announced they will be reopening the Rodd Colony Harbour Inn in Yarmouth after a major renovation and upgrade to be completed by the busy summer season. The company owns another property in the area — the Rodd Grand Yarmouth Hotel & Convention Centre — which is also undergoing a multi-million dollar upgrade. Rodd currently operates seven hotels and resorts throughout the Maritimes.
20-year old Sable offshore energy project winds down
The Sable Offshore Energy Project, the natural gas field 300 kilometres off the coast of Halifax, has stopped operations after 20 years of drilling. The planned stoppage of the 21 wells, which occupy seven offshore platforms in five different fields, occurred on New Year’s Eve. Decommissioning procedures will continue throughout 2019.
Fredericton bar closes after a decade of slinging drinks
The King Street Ale House — one of the first locations in New Brunswick to focus on selling craft beer — is closing its doors after 10 years of operation. In a Facebook post dated January 3, the company announced they will be closing immediately. The 30 people employed at the alehouse ran their last service on New Year’s Eve.
Goulds rolls out the mat for new yoga studio
A new Hatha yoga studio opens today in Goulds, N.L. Yoga on the Rock, which is setting up shop in Bidgood’s Plaza, offers practice on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays and is led by owner Arun Yadav who has 15 years of instruction experience.
Leon’s furniture store abruptly closes two Nova Scotia locations
Two independently-owned Leon’s furniture stores closed last week in Nova Scotia without notice. The Coldbrook and Bridgewater locations shut their doors, leaving customers without access to their active furniture orders. Nova Scotians looking for new furniture will have to head to Dartmouth, Truro or Yarmouth for the remaining locations.
- Atlantic Business Magazine founders inducted into AJAs Hall of Fame
- P.E.I. welcomes five business leaders into hall of fame
- UNB to offer cannabis courses in tourism and business
- St. John’s flocks to The Rec Room entertainment and dining complex
- Halifax doughnut shop opens up the street from competition
- BC-based Cermaq announces plans to build salmon farms in NS
- Minimum wage increases across Atlantic Canada
- First Angel Network to close at month’s end
- Cooke Inc. acquires Nicaraguan shrimp producer
- Scale Up Atlantic Canada announces first cohort