Rodd Hotels & Resorts has announced they will be reopening the Rodd Colony Harbour Inn in Yarmouth after a major renovation and upgrade to be completed by the busy summer season. The company owns another property in the area — the Rodd Grand Yarmouth Hotel & Convention Centre — which is also undergoing a multi-million dollar upgrade. Rodd currently operates seven hotels and resorts throughout the Maritimes.
20-year old Sable offshore energy project winds down
The Sable Offshore Energy Project, the natural gas field 300 kilometres off the coast of Halifax, has stopped operations after 20 years of drilling. The planned stoppage of the 21 wells, which occupy seven offshore platforms in five different fields, occurred on New Year’s Eve. Decommissioning procedures will continue throughout 2019.
Fredericton bar closes after a decade of slinging drinks
The King Street Ale House — one of the first locations in New Brunswick to focus on selling craft beer — is closing its doors after 10 years of operation. In a Facebook post dated January 3, the company announced they will be closing immediately. The 30 people employed at the alehouse ran their last service on New Year’s Eve.
Goulds rolls out the mat for new yoga studio
A new Hatha yoga studio opens today in Goulds, N.L. Yoga on the Rock, which is setting up shop in Bidgood’s Plaza, offers practice on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays and is led by owner Arun Yadav who has 15 years of instruction experience.
Leon’s furniture store abruptly closes two Nova Scotia locations
Two independently-owned Leon’s furniture stores closed last week in Nova Scotia without notice. The Coldbrook and Bridgewater locations shut their doors, leaving customers without access to their active furniture orders. Nova Scotians looking for new furniture will have to head to Dartmouth, Truro or Yarmouth for the remaining locations.
- Atlantic Canada’s first vegan butcher shop opens in Halifax
- Cannabis Legalization selected as business story of the year
- Landwash Brewery opens in Mount Pearl
- Training Works Inc. and Fonemed win double honours with St. John’s BOT
- WestJet reassigns St. John’s to Dublin flight to Halifax
- New taco spot opens in Halifax pub
- SALT goes brick-and-mortar for the holidays
- Gaga for Google! 500 attend digital skills workshop in St. John’s
- Two new projects for Michelin in Pictou County
- Cannabis Update: Who sold first and who sold out in Atlantic Canada