St. John’s-based clothing brand The Shop, SALT is expanding their online shopping business to a brick-and-mortar holiday shop in Grand Falls-Windsor. Owners Emily Evans and Lauren Saunders — who both grew up in Grand Falls — decided it was the right business move for SALT. The holiday pop-up shop opens at 24 Hardy Ave. on Saturday, November 17, at 10:00 a.m.
UNB student wins national entrepreneurship award
Cameron Ritchie, who founded his company HomeWurkin the 11th grade, was awarded Startup Canada’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year award last month in Ottawa. HomeWurk pairs up students with local residents who need odd jobs done. The company has been successful in Fredericton, so Ritchie — now a first year engineering student at UNB — is expanding the business into Saint John and Moncton.
Popular Halifax cafe closes to refocus
Lion & Bright, the popular cafe/bar/workspace on Agricola Street has announced they are closing their doors. The Halifax eatery has been a popular North End spot since it opened in 2014. Owner Sean Gallagher, who made the announcement via Facebook and Instagram, says he is refocusing his entrepreneurial energy on his first love, the adjacent Local Source Market.
Mitsubishi opens in Charlottetown after decade-long absence
More than 12 years have passed since a Mitsubishi vehicle was sold on Prince Edward Island, but the new Charlottetown dealership is gearing up to sell cars at their temporary site by December. Tammy Roach, the new owner of the dealership who had a 19-year career at Brown’s Volkswagen, says the shiny new dealership will officially open in February at 451 Mount Edward Rd.
Moncton’s Pink Cab revs up for safe drives
Mireille Fougère and Melissa Goguen have started the engines on their new taxi service in Moncton, New Brunswick. After being assaulted on duty, Fougère decided she wanted to create a safe space for herself and for riders and Goguen jumped on board. The duo say Pink Cabis meant to cater to women and other riders who might feel vulnerable, like seniors and the transgender population.
- Landwash Brewery opens in Mount Pearl
- Training Works Inc. and Fonemed win double honours with St. John’s BOT
- WestJet reassigns St. John’s to Dublin flight to Halifax
- New taco spot opens in Halifax pub
- Gaga for Google! 500 attend digital skills workshop in St. John’s
- Two new projects for Michelin in Pictou County
- Cannabis Update: Who sold first and who sold out in Atlantic Canada
- Online babywearing shop opens brick-and-mortar store in Moncton
- Global shipping company closing Halifax office
- Peace by Chocolate recognized by Google