Startup Zone will host Invest Atlantic 2018 in Charlottetown
The Charlottetown-based incubator and coworking space Startup Zone will be the host of this year’s Invest Atlantic, the largest event for startups and investors in Atlantic Canada. The ninth conference will be the first hosted in Prince Edward Island and expects to receive more than
200 attendees ranging from startup companies workshopping their businesses at the PitchCamp series to sessions by seasoned entrepreneurs.
BP Canada picks up drilling off Nova Scotia
After a spill which resulted in thousands of litres of drilling mud entering the ocean last month, BP Canada has been given the O.K. to start drilling off the coast of Nova Scotia again. With new preventative measures in place, the oil giant says the regulator, Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum board, is satisfied with the amendments to allow drilling to continue.
Farmers’ Market opens in St. John’s
The St. John’s Farmers’ Market opened its new digs this past Saturday with plans to expand its hours to two days a week and lots of new vendors. Two thirds of the regular Saturday vendors will also be selling their goods — like tacos from Soul Azteca — from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays. The Saturday market runs 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
P.E.I. Brewing Company pours up bigger pints
The P.E.I. Brewing Company has announced major renovations and expansions to their Charlottetown company. The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency is providing half a million dollars in repayable contributions to the brewery to aid in their expansion, which consists of new square footage for the new production tanks and will result in the creation of three new jobs.
Fredericton bookstore closing after three decades in business
The Owl’s Nest bookstore located on Fredericton’s Queen Street has announced the final chapter of their much-loved business. After 26 years of operation, they announced via Facebook post that their last day of business will be September 30. The Owl’s Nest is one of the largest used bookstores in Atlantic Canada.
- Cannabis Legalization selected as business story of the year
- Landwash Brewery opens in Mount Pearl
- Training Works Inc. and Fonemed win double honours with St. John’s BOT
- WestJet reassigns St. John’s to Dublin flight to Halifax
- New taco spot opens in Halifax pub
- SALT goes brick-and-mortar for the holidays
- Gaga for Google! 500 attend digital skills workshop in St. John’s
- Two new projects for Michelin in Pictou County
- Cannabis Update: Who sold first and who sold out in Atlantic Canada
- Online babywearing shop opens brick-and-mortar store in Moncton