The Avalon Mall in St. John’s is now home to Atlantic Canada’s first The Rec Room. The new 30,000 square foot entertainment and dining complex turned on the 100 arcade machines for the first time Thursday, April 25 and it includes a 200-seat restaurant, four-lane bowling alley, axe-throwing and a virtual reality experience.
Nova Scotia crypto exchange company extends creditor protection
The courts of Nova Scotia have extended Fall River-based QuadrigaCX creditor protection to June 28 as bankruptcy proceedings are underway. More than 115,000 of the company’s clients are owned $250 million after the company ceased operations in January following the death of CEO Gerry Cotten last year, who succumbed to complications of Crohn’s Disease after a visit to India in December 2018. Cotton was the only one in possession of the passwords to access the company’s funds.
Halifax’s SkinFix partners with Sephora
SkinFix, the Halifax-based skincare line, has announced a partnership with Sephora in Canada and the United States. SkinFix launched six of their products on the makeup magnate’s website, while two products, Eczema+ collection and its Inked+ Tattoo Aftercare, will be available at the 70 Canadian stores soon.
Saint John gelato market stall morphs into a full-fledged bistro
What once was Li’l Gelato and Sweet Shop in the Saint John City Market is now Delizioso Bistro & Sweets at 533 Westmorland Road, serving up homestyle meals like chicken parmesan and seafood chowder as well as the gelato desserts it became known for since it opened in 2013. The eatery’s grand opening is set for Saturday, April 27.
Moncton’s Avenir Centre nominated for facility award
After their opening in September 2018, the Avenir Centre in Moncton has been nominated for the facility of the year at just 7 months old. Recognized by the Canadian Music and Broadcast Industry, it stands with other entertainment facilities across the country and the finalists will be announced on May 9 in Toronto at the Canadian Music and Broadcasting Industry Awards Dinner, during the Canadian Music Week Festivities.
- Win tickets to sold-out Obama event
- Coffee shop opens inside Volta Labs
- Startup Canada awards honour Atlantic entrepreneurs
- Volta bestows ecosystem awards to Atlantic Canadian startup supporters
- Feds invest $47-million into Port of Halifax
- Atlantic Business Magazine founders inducted into AJAs Hall of Fame
- P.E.I. welcomes five business leaders into hall of fame
- UNB to offer cannabis courses in tourism and business
- Halifax doughnut shop opens up the street from competition
- BC-based Cermaq announces plans to build salmon farms in NS